Monday, 19 March 2012

Author Interview with Lindsay Paige

7 comments

Hey! Welcome to The Daydreamer’s Book Obsession.Thanks for taking the time to visit and answer these questions! 
Let’s Get started, shall we?
First, let me say that I just saw you are actually younger than me .Omg.How did you manage to become a writer at such a young age?
Thanks for having me! I simply started writing one day and a couple of friends loved it and encouraged me to publish so there you have it! 

How about we start off  continue with telling the readers a little bit about yourself?
Hey y’all! I’m an 18 year old North Carolinian who loves to read first and foremost. Writing comes second. Both are my go-to’s when I need an escape from my reality. A year ago, I was diagnosed with something I thought was just me being me: Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Agoraphobia. My life is all about balancing. Writing helps me deal with my anxiety, but can be harmful as well. Just have to balance myself.


Please tell us a perfect way that you would love to be “swept off your feet”?
Ooh. This is good! I would love for it to be slow but definitely present. I think the casual meetings that we have with people we pass by in our everyday life would be a sweet way to fall in love. To just happen to speak with them or get paired with them seems so romantic to me.

Why do you write romance? And what is a genre you will definitely not write, EVER?
I write romance because I live and breathe all things romance. I love reading romance books and love is such a huge part of our lives that I can’t write without it on some level.
I would never write something I don’t enjoy reading. For example, I don’t read horror/thrillers/sci-fi because I simply don’t enjoy them. Why would I write in a genre that I don’t enjoy reading myself? That would be one tough sale.

Is romance the main focus of your book/series?
Yes. No. It is and it isn’t, in my opinion. My series is about a couple who is very much in love, but it’s also about life and the hardships that come with it. The surprises and things we expect to happen, but they happen differently than we picture. I prefer to say that the main focus on my book is life in general. Romance just takes things to another level in the complexities of life.

Who has inspired you as an author?
Authors like Jessica Park, Stacey Kennedy, Nicholas Sparks, and Jodi Picoult. Each has their own personality and writing style. They are all fantastic writers. When I need a pick-me-up, you can bet your bottom dollar that I’m going to read one of these books. (Don’t look at me sideways. Sparks is a great inspiration )
Tell us about your books series, Bold as Love and where the idea came from.
Bold As Love is a series that follow the young couple Jake and Emily from high school and through the rest of their lives. When I was experiencing my lowest of the lows with my anxiety, I was having trouble sleeping. The only way I could sleep was if I was daydreaming. It helped distract my mind from my worries and drift me to sleep. Emily and Jake came from a daydream that demanded to be put to paper.

Who was your favorite character in the story?
I love Jake and Emily, but Drake is my favorite. He’s so energized and fun!

Which character in your story is most like you?
Emily. No doubt about it. Those in my family who have read it can easily see me in Emily. You can check out a blog post about the similarities between us.

What made you choose these main characters for your book?
I wanted characters who were real with real problems and real lives. I wanted to experience what they were when I read it.

Why did you wanted to tell their story?
Honestly, when I started, it was to get the daydream out of my head so I could concentrate on something else.

What books have most influenced your life the most?
I Know It’s Over by C.K. Kelly Martin, Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park, Crash Into Me by Albert Borris to name a few. I love, love, love when books make me feel. Those are the best books.

Do you have any hobbies?
Beside writing and reading, I play tennis and take lots of photographs.
Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?
Career. It’s definitely something I would like to pursue in the future.
What scene/fragment from the book comes to mind when you think about it?

“Right then, hearing the tears that had to be falling from her beautiful brown eyes, I wanted nothing more than to take each piece and put it back together again until she was whole. I had to do it. I had to for her and for me. Maybe if Emily can be restored and healed, then maybe, just maybe, so could I.”

And

“Seeing her like this, I realized I was in love with her. I smiled at the realization. She was mine and I intended to keep it that way.”


What inspires you the most?
Reading and music.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
Hmm. Jessica Park. 

Did you ever think you'd ever become an author?
Never. Writing has never been fun for me. It wasn’t until I was writing of my own free will and not under the ruling of a teacher that I discovered I liked writing…as long as I set up the rules.

What's the best part of being a published author?
Hearing from those who have read and loved my books! It amazes me every time.



What do you do when you are not writing?
Besides my hobbies, I’m finishing my senior year of high school.

If you could jump into a book and live in that world, which would it be?
I’ve no clue! That’s a tough question. There are so many worlds I would love to explore and live in for a day or two.

Do you have any advice for other young writers?

Believe in yourself.
Write.


While you were writing, did you ever feel as if you were one of the characters? Which one?
In some scenes, I felt like Emily. Once the reader knows me a bit and reads the books, they’ll know which scene I’m talking about.

When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
An old friend of mine named my characters actually. I couldn’t think of any because I was so overwhelmed with getting the words from my head to my fingers to my keyboard. She gave me her favorite girl name and a couple of boy names to choose from.

What genre of books do you like to read? do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself?

I like reading romance, historical fiction, erotic, YA, and paranormal.
Any upcoming projects? Something you're currently working on at the moment?

As I said, I suffer from anxiety. Currently, I’m working on a book titled Don’t Panic that features a character who experiences anxiety as I did. I’m also co-writing a book, known as TSP3 (Top Secret Project 3), with Elizabeth Waldie. Elizabeth is the 15 year old author of Burning Autumn.



Is there anything else you'd like to say to the people reading this interview?
Thanks for reading! I do hope you’ll check out the Bold As Love series.


7 comments :

  1. Great interview. Good for you not letting age be either a limitation or an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great interview! What an open author she is... I love your blog, by the way. Followed you over from Book Blogs networking. I'm your newest follower! :] I hope you'll stop by and see me when you get a chance.
    Deborah/TheBookishDame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came from your blog :D Cute ;;)(New follower ;x)
      And she's like so young !!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much, Lindsay you are inspiring, and I'm super looking forward to reading your books now!

    ReplyDelete