Thursday, 14 June 2012

Author Interview with Gladys Quintal

Leave a Comment

Hey! Welcome to The Daydreamer’s Book Obsession.Thanks for taking the time to visit !
Let’s Get started, shall we?

How about we start off with telling the readers a little bit about yourself? 
I am stay at home mum and write every chance I get. I have loved writing ever since I was a little girl. I have always loved vampires and the paranormal and always wanted to write a book in that genre.

Who has inspired you as an author?
 James Herbert, Diana Gabaldon, Barbara Erskine, Victoria Holt and Trevor Munson are my favourite writers. They all inspired me in different ways.  James Herbert got me hooked on horror at the age of 14 with his book The Fog. History has always intrigued me so when mixed with romance I fell for it hard. Trevor Munson wrote Angel Of Vengeance which became the TV show Moonlight.
Tell us  more about Be Careful What You Wish For and where the idea came from.
Be Careful What You Wish For is book #2 in The Dream Series (The Man of my Dreams being book #1). I used to dream about a dark haired man for years before I met my fiancé nearly 11years ago, I also have a lot of other dreams and visions inside my head just begging to come out.

What was your favorite part of the book to write and why?
The ending, I found it to be very emotional and I was crying as I was writing it – of course I cannot explain why!
Do you have an exciting Be Careful What You Wish Forteaser you'd like to share?
Both my books have the look inside feature on Amazon or I have snippets in the notes section on my facebook page and on my blog.

Any upcoming projects? Something you're currently working on at the moment?
I am currently working on book #3 which I have titled The Chosen One – it pretty much carries on from this one.

What made you want to be a writer?
I have always had stories floating around in my head and always thought I would like to write them down. The first book I wrote was an autobiography although I have not published that one yet. After that, I decided to try my hand at fiction and seem to have a bit of material to keep me going for a while.

What inspires you the most?
Dreams, the voices in my head and a little TV show called Moonlight. Moonlight inspired me so much, I loved the show and was devastated that they only made the one series. After watching it a few times, it kick started me into writing my own stories.

What do you enjoy doing when not reading or writing?
 I don’t have a lot of spare time so most of it I spend writing or catching up with friends. Otherwise I like to just stay home and hang out with my kids and my man.

As a writer , what is one of the toughest decisions you've had to make?
 I am an Indie author so I guess the toughest decision was whether to self publish or keep hoping that some day a publisher would snap me up…..
While you were writing, did you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?
 Totally. I based Cassie on myself and my own life experiences. I wrote her in first person in my first book but now write her in third person and she has developed into a totally different person than me, although I still understand her thoughts and feelings.

What genre of books do you like to read? do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself?
My favourite genre is Historical Romance to read although I love the paranormal and supernatural so if both genres are in there all the better.

What would you rather do: go back in time or check out the future?Why? That is a tough question. There are so many things I would love to change in the past, but would it risk changing my now? Would it be worth going into the future if you could not change your destiny? I think I am happy staying right where I am for now.

Is there anything else you'd like to say to the people reading this interview?
I would like to say thank you for taking the time to get to know me and my books. I love writing my stories and love it even more that people actually want to read them.






0 comentarii :

Post a Comment