Thursday, 21 June 2012

Author Interwiew with Nicola E Sheridan !

1 comment

Hey! Welcome to The Daydreamer’s Book Obsession. Thanks for taking the time to visit.
Let’s Get started, shall we?

1.   How about we start off with telling the readers a little bit about yourself?
I’m a West Australian author, who writes paranormal/fantasy romance. I have an enduring love of mythology and mythological creatures so it’s no surprise I’m actually a university qualified archaeologist. When I’m not writing, I’m studying and spending time with my family. I love 4x4ing in the bush, music and art.

2.   Who has inspired you as an author?
I am totally loving Kresley Cole at the moment, and I hope that my heroes can be as gorgeous as hers! I  always wanted to be an author and am extremely fortunate to have a great extended family who have always supported me.

3.   Tell us about Magical Creations and where the idea came from.
Magical Creations was inspired by my first novel “Magical Gains”, Omar is one of the sub characters in “Magical Gains” and I really thought he deserved his own story.

4.   What was your favorite part of the book to write and why?
I think I have two favourite bits, the first couple of scenes with Lucian were great fun to write – I’d never written a character quite like him before and also introducing Devika, the Naga. I’d always wanted to use one and describe one in a book – so creating her was a lot of fun.

5.   Do you have an exciting Magical Creations teaser you'd like to share?
 Antigone’s golden high-heeled sandals clicked on the highly-polished marble floor as she walked towards a huddle of people. Their souls glimmered and bristled with what she knew from bitter experience was anxiety. She walked a little faster, and her heart began to thud. A feeling of dread coiled thickly in her belly.
“Antigone.” Lucian grabbed her arm. “Don’t.” He yanked her away and she collided with him.
“Don’t what?” She stared up into his guarded eyes. Her fists tightened with mounting suspicion and horror. “What’s there?” She turned and tugged her arm away from him. He released it gruffly. Anger and frustration were evident in the brown depths of his eyes, but it wasn’t directed at her and that realization made her cold with worry.
“Trust me, just don’t look.” He spoke softly.
It’s Omar.
She knew it.
Antigone looked around at the gathering crowd and pushed forwards. A few people uttered curses at her as she barged through towards the centre of the crowd.
“Antigone!” Lucian’s voice called amid the cacophony of voices and music.
 It was too late.

6.   Any upcoming projects? Something you're currently working on at the moment?
I have actually just finished “Magical Redemption” my Work in Progress, it’s based on Lucian, I’m trying to get it proofed ready for submission shortly.

7.   What made you want to be a writer?
I know it sounds clichéd but I’ve always wanted to be a writer and since I can remember I’ve always penned stories. I love thinking about things and what would happen if…

8.   What inspires you the most?
What inspires me the most? I have no idea. It could be a song, it could be a feeling I get as I walk down the street, really anything. I will confess I rather like looking up images of male models and imagining them as my heroes…and I have the excuse! It’s research!!!

9.   What do you enjoy doing when not reading or writing?
When I’m not reading or writing I spend a lot of time in the garden and with my family. I also like snuggling down with my cats, dog and husband and watching an episode of Primeval. I love that show and when the next series of Downton Abbey comes out, I’ll love watching that too!

10.               As a writer, what is one of the toughest decisions you've had to make?
Umm, good question. Choosing what to write next! I have so many works in the pipeline that I find it incredibly difficult to choose which one to focus on next!

11.               While you were writing, did you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?
Good Lord no! Thank goodness! I view myself very much as a director of the characters. I plan what they’re going to do, and spend inordinate amounts of time thinking about it, visualizing it and eventually writing it.

12.               What genre of books do you like to read? do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself?
I used to read a lot of chick lit. Though I have to say, I really do stick to reading paranormal/fantasy romance now. I love seeing what other authors are up to! I’m absolutely detest psycho-thrillers, horror, war sagas and things like that. I’d rather pluck nose hairs than read those genres (no offense intended to anyone who actually *gasp* likes that stuff). So basically these days if there isn’t a little bit of magic or paranormal mystery… I’m just not into it.

13.               What would you rather do: go back in time or check out the future?Why?
Oh, I’d so love to go back in time and check out the dinosaurs!

14.               Is there anything else you'd like to say to the people reading this interview?
Go and buy my books! Lol, seriously though, to the lovely readers and aspirant writers out there  - check out some of the more obscure and unknown authors in your favourite genre… You will be so surprised by the incredible talent that hasn’t yet been made massively popular. If you’re an aspiring author reading this -  keep working hard, and don’t let rejections get to you. Getting published isn’t easy, so hone your skills, keep writing and good luck!

Thanks for having me Rallu! 

Well, it's been a pleasure having you here! 

About Nicola!

Nicola E. Sheridan is a West Australian Author, who specializes in the use of magic and mythology in modern romance.

website:http://www.nicolasheridan.com
genre:Romance, Science Fiction & Fantasy



1 comment :

  1. Hi I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Details here: http://severalbooksatonce.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-blog-award_05.html :)

    ReplyDelete