Monday, 4 June 2012

Guest Post by Mary Martinez

1 comment

Thank you for having me at the Daydreamers Book Obsession. Sounds like me, I have so many books that I’ve purchased from B&N and Amazon to download to my Kindle & Nook apps that it will take me a hundred years to read them all. Well that may be a bit of an obsession.

Today I’m going to share a bit of what to expect from me in the future. I plan to write until I’m so old and senile that I start writing the same books over and over again. So if they all start to sound the same, you know it’s time for my friends to put me on the dusty shelf on the top.

Obviously, I’ll be polishing and editing the next two books for the Beckett Series, but apart from that I have two current projects and several hope to be current projects.

I have promised my three oldest grandsons that I’d work on our project next. Let me tell you a bit about it first. Before I came back to work full time, I watched the boys while they were out of school. Now my retired husband has the pleasure of doing that.  

Anyway, the boys and I decided to write the Nana Adventures and the first one, History Mystery.  We came up with the fictional town of Cliffdale on the coast of Northern California. We then went walk-about through our little town of Magna, taking pictures of small stores, houses, schools, parks, etc. Then we made a replica of our fictional town on a poster board, with streets, basically a map. Pasted the pictures in the appropriate places, etc. I think you get the picture.

Each of the boys has their own character and power, and Nana (me) of course has all the powers. The boys come to town to spend the summer with their Nana. When she tells them to stay clear of the old vacant house next door…. Well you know boys!

We have it all plotted out—which will be interesting for me since I write by the seat of my pants. I hope to have this completed by the end of summer or fall.

I have another completed story called Three Weddings and a Dress. The main character is the dress, and every other chapter is in Bella’s (the dress) point of view. It’s fun and frivolous. I hope to have that published sometime this year. We’ll see.

After that? Who knows?

What do you think when an author mixes genres? The Beckett Series is suspense, the bride story is women’s fiction and the boys book is YA/Middle grade, is that going you back from buying my stories?

Bewitching Tours will be doing something called the Rafflecopter. It keeps track of everyone who follows me on Twitter or ‘like’s my Facebook page, follows my blog, or anyone who subscribes to my newsletter will all have entries for the drawing that will take place at the end of the tour on June 4th. There will be four winners and they will have their choice of a download or print book of any of my books.

Thank you again, for having me I love chatting about writing!

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for having me here today! I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete