Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Book Review: Virgin River(Virgin River #1) by Robyn Carr

Leave a Comment
Book Review
Title: Virgin River
Author: Robyn Carr
Publisher:  Mira Books
Publication Date: May 1, 2010
Pages: 416
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Virgin River #1
Rating:  4 Stars!
Synopsis:
"Wanted: Midwife/nurse practitioner in Virgin River, population six hundred. Make a difference against the backdrop of towering California redwoods and crystal-clear rivers. Rent-free cabin included."
When the recently widowed Melinda Monroe sees this ad she quickly decides that the remote mountain town of Virgin River might be the perfect place to escape her heartache, and to reenergize the nursing career she loves. But her high hopes are dashed within an hour of arriving: the cabin is a dump, the roads are treacherous and the local doctor wants nothing to do with her. Realizing she's made a huge mistake, Mel decides to leave town the following morning.
But a tiny baby, abandoned on a front porch, changes her plans...and a former marine cements them into place.
Melinda Monroe may have come to Virgin River looking for escape, but instead she finds her home.

This is actually my third book from the series.
The first thing you gotta know is that the series have to be read in order for you to fully understand some secondary plots and characters, but that did not bothered me much.
I'm not that conventional and don't really have time to read all the books in the series.I'm just gonna read the ones interest me.
What i really liked was the atmosphere,the town's people.


The Characters and their relationships !

Melinda Monroe (Mel ) along with Jack are the main protagonists.I liked that their relationships didn’t start off immediately.Jack was sweet and a guy who was honest and he was good guy.The nice kind, but also though.Mel on the other hand I couldn’t relate to very much.She was stuck between the nice guy who she begins to fall in love with and the memory of her dead husband.I could not relate with Mel’s grief and guilt.It actually  made me a little uneasy.
I also did  not enjoy Mel’s job and all the descriptions related to it.I did not like it at all.I am scared  for life of hospitals, blood and all those other stuff.
This is also the the beginning of Ricky and Liz story that will be the main couple in the 7th book.I do hope Liz changes till then because she was so annoying!
There was a story that I wished would have been a previous book/a totally separated book! Scratch that!! It’s Actually a separate book!June and Jim’s story Grace Valley Trilogy by Robyn Carr


The reason why i gave it 4 stars is because Mel's behaviour is actually quite annoying sometimes.I wondered if she had 2 personalities, then there were also the medical scenes that i did not like,but that's my personal opinion!

0 comentarii :

Post a Comment