Wednesday, 25 December 2013

Book Review:At any Price by Brenna Aubrey

Leave a Comment

At Any Price (Gaming the System #1)

Published December 9th 2013 by Silver Griffon Associates
Achievement Unlocked: Geek Virgin

When Mia Strong, proud geek-girl and popular gaming blogger, auctions off her virginity online, she knows she'll make waves. But what she will not be making is a love connection. Her rules are set in stone: One night. No further contact.

It's a desperate step, but it's the only way she can go to medical school and pay her mother's mounting hospital bills.

Difficulty Level: Millionaire CEO 

Adam Drake, the enigmatic auction winner, is a software prodigy who made his first million at seventeen. Now, in his mid-twenties, he's sexy, driven and--as CEO of his own gaming company--he's used to making the rules. Before Mia knows what's happening, he's found the loophole in the rules of her auction. Every stipulation she's made to protect her heart gets tossed by the wayside.

She can't tell if he's playing her...or if he's playing for keeps.
   
 ~.~ The Review~.~

At any price is the book that I really wanted to read for a very long time, because for the longest time I wanted to read something similar in the "college girl and the rich guy that's not in college pairing".
The story follows Mia and Adam as they meet and connect in these ..uncommon circumstances, falling in love in the process.
Mia was your average pre-med college student,passionate about games and writing about them in her blog named Geek Girl.
Adam was the ..computer genius that designed games and the CEO of his own company.
As the story progressed, I discovered I liked Adam more and more, even through I was uneasy in the beginning,but as for Mia, I definitely liked her a lot from the start.I just could connect with her.
Another thing I particularly enjoyed was the angst at the almost end of the book.Total love there.It literally kept me awake for a while longer that I should have.
What annoyed me to no end was the ...delaying of fulfilling the contract.It drove me mad!To no end...
Now,there were a few more things that didn't sit well with me, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

In the end, it was a pretty good read,and I really liked it.I do recommend it to anyone who is interested in romance or love stories that really seem..that have no chance at all.
I Rated it: 4 Stars!
Buy The Book:
At Any Price (Gaming The System)Amazon.com



0 comentarii :

Post a Comment